This cauliflower chicken fried rice is the easiest thing to throw together. I know I say that a lot but ‘aint no shame in my easy recipe game. It’s probably borderline ridiculous that I am writing out a recipe for it but it encompasses everything I love about a making a meal: tasty, easy and quick! Another bonus – it’s super low in calories.
Using riced cauliflower as a base in dishes is one of the best ways to sneak some extra veggies into your diet (like in this low carb cauliflower pizza!) You could totally make your own cauliflower rice by sticking some florets in a food processor but when you’re pressed for time, using the pre-riced cauliflower is super convenient. This riced cauliflower with a built in veggie mix is even better! I discovered this at Target and it’s been a lifesaver. If you don’t have this at your local store, you can just buy packaged cauliflower crumbles and then a bag of Asian style slaw and mix the two together. It’s essentially the same and actually, adding in additional veggies to even this mix isn’t a bad idea either! I included directions on how to make your own version of the riced cauliflower if you are so inclined.
You can customize this dish with whatever protein you want for a full meal. I’ve done it with beef, chicken, bacon and shrimp. Anything goes. It can even just be left with just the veggies as a side dish to complement another entree. Sometimes I will even add a little bit of brown rice to give it more volume and also get more of an actual fried rice feel while still keeping it relatively low carb. Drizzling some sriracha is the perfect finishing touch. I find myself making this often because it’s so versatile and easy to meal prep! Sometimes I will add coconut aminos or a teriyaki type of sauce to mix things up.
- 1 bag Green Giant Cauliflower Fried Rice Mix
- 8 oz chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Sriracha seasoning
- Green Onion & Sriracha for Garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup peas
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package directions and set aside
- In a cast iron skillet, add in sesame oil, cubed chicken and seasonings and cook until no longer pink
- Add cauliflower mix and egg whites to skillet and cook together for about 2 minutes
- Garnish with green onion and sriracha and serve!
- Break up cauliflower into large chunks and pulse in the food processor until rice like texture is achieved
- Add carrots and peas and mix well
- Place mixture in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a damp paper towel
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes until rice is tender (you can also cook this in a skillet instead of the microwave)
- Follow with steps 2-4 from above