This Chicken Kale Stirfry is a healthy alternative to take out which is usually laden with fat, calories and less than ideal additives. This recipe has real food ingredients, healthy fats and is full of flavor. This recipe can be served on it’s own for a healthy low carb and Keto meal or you can add brown rice for a healthy complex carbohydrate boost.
I tend to be a giant chicken (haha) when cooking chicken. I’m always worried it isn’t done and by the time I have convinced myself it looks ok, it tastes like a rock cause I cooked it so long. Thankfully, with some practice, I have it pretty much figured out now. It’s a fine line between salmonella and juicy chicken and just takes some fine tuning until you feel like you got it just right. My favorite way to cook chicken besides grilling, is to chop it up into little cubes and cook in a skillet. This helps it cook evenly since chicken breast thickness varies throughout one piece and you can end up with different degrees of “done”. The chicken cooks so quickly this way and there are so many options for seasonings to give it the exact flavor you’re looking for.
You can also make this recipe with a different vegetable and change of the seasoning to have a nice variety of chicken dishes to choose from. Chicken kale starry is one of my go to meal prep dishes because the ingredients are minimal and I can whip it up easily.
Quick tip on the kale. I buy pre-chopped kale and I make sure to remove the stems myself and tear by hand. This makes it so you don’t have those harder stem pieces when cooking.
This dish works well as a meal all by itself but you can add some rice to it when you’re wanting something a little more filling. When I am going for something lower carb, I just omit the rice and increase the amounts of chicken and veggies to add more volume to the meal.
Other Low Carb Meal You’ll Love
- 8 oz Chicken breast cubed
- 4 Cups Chopped kale with stems removed
- 1.5 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Minced garlic
- 1 Tsp Garlic salt
- 1 Tsp Sriracha seasoning (optional)
- Red pepper flakes & sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet
- When pan is hot, add garlic and sautée for about 1 minute
- Add cubed chicken, salt, pepper and other seasonings to skillet and cook until no longer pink
- Add kale to cooked chicken and sautée until kale is just wilted
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds if desired
- Serve alone or with a side of rice
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12||18.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10||3.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Beauty and the Bench Press