This recipe for Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls is perfect for your next meal prep session. This dish is Paleo, low carb, Whole30 compliant and super tasty! It works for an easy weeknight meal or for quick and easy meal prep lunches.
It’s really up to you how spicy you want to get when it comes to the chipotle powder. I added a full teaspoon but you can add 1/2 a teaspoon if you’re sensitive but still want the chipotle flavor. If you are not on a round of Whole30, I highly suggest using Chipotle peppers in adobo for the marinade as well. They are so delicious and full of flavor!
Making Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls for Meal Prep?
This recipe will last you up to 4 days in the fridge in an air-tight container. My favorite meal prep containers are from SnapWare storage. They are durable and the locking lids hold everything in perfectly. They come in plenty of sizes too so you can customize your portions.
If you know you are making this in advance, I would recommend making the marinade a few hours ahead of time or overnight so the flavors have more time to meld together. While this isn’t necessary for tasty chicken, it does help cut down on some prep and coking time. If that’s not possible and you’re making it on the spot, don’t worry! It will still work out perfectly and be just as delicious. Just make sure to make your chicken marinade first and let it sit while you are preparing your veggies. Another way I like to cut down on cooking time for these chipotle chicken bowls, is to pound the chicken into thinner breasts using a meat tenderizer. This allows the chicken to cook more quickly.
When it comes to meal prep recipes, I love making dishes that are customizable. Variety is the spice of life and being able to switch up my meals keeps things interesting. The nice thing about this meal is that there are so many variations you can make. If you don’t have any dietary restrictions, throw on some cheese, use brown rice instead of cauliflower rice or throw on some black or pinto beans. Or instead of making a bowl, throw all of the ingredients with some chopped romaine and add a little dressing to make this a hearty salad. All of those are small tasty little changes that can keep away food boredom.
Other Meal Prep Bowls You Will Love
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chipotle powder (based on your preference for heat)
- 2 tbs avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lime
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- ¼ cup chopped chilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 tbs avocado or olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Mix ingredients for chicken marinade (oil, lime juice, chipotle powder, garlic salt, tomato paste) in a small bowl
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and place in a freezer bag with marinade and massage bag to coat chicken. Set aside.
- Warm a pan on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray (I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Add in riced cauliflower, garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste and sauté until cauliflower is tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Mix cauliflower with lime juice and chopped cilantro in a bowl and set aside
- Keeping pan on medium high heat, add 1 tbs oil and sliced onions. Sauté for about 1-2 minutes
- Add sliced bell peppers , garlic salt and cumin to pan and sauté until veggies are tender but crisp (about 4-5 minutes). Set aside.
- Add additional oil to pan if needed and cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until no longer pink
- Assemble bowls with chicken, cauliflower rice and fajita vegetables
- Garnish with lime, cilantro and avocado if desired.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 12||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4||16%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Beauty and the Bench Press
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend. Thank you for your continued support!