What I love about these quick and easy meal prep breakfast muffins is that they are….well, quick and easy! They are the perfect healthy grab and go breakfast and you can even make them low carb by simply skipping the potatoes. They are filling and tasty. That paired with how easy they are to throw together and customize to your tastes and you’ve got the perfect breakfast for even healthy snack!
I am someone who is constantly running late in the mornings. I work an 8-5 job so finding time to hit the gym in the morning, get ready and also make breakfast can be difficult. The part that usually suffers is breakfast. Sometimes you want something a little more substantial than a breakfast bar and these breakfast muffins are just the thing to save the day (morning). It’s something I include in my meal prep rotation often along with my southwest breakfast frittata and easy sheet pan breakfast meal. The other benefit of these meal prep breakfast muffins, is that they are so customizable. You can toss in any veggie or meat you want, add in potatoes, add in cheese, whatever floats your boat. I made these with chicken chorizo but I’ve used ground turkey, pork breakfast sausage and chicken sausage and it always comes out tasty.
I find the easiest way to make these, is to put the veggies and cooked meat (make sure it’s cooled) into the sprayed muffin tin first. Then I mix up the eggs and seasonings in a separate bowl to fill up the cups before placing in the oven. I usually don’t cook my vegetables beforehand either. I put the veggies in raw and let the oven do it’s job.
The end result is a tasty, protein packed breakfast that you can grab on your way out the door when you’re running late (which for me is every single day). I usually make 12 and then eat two at a time for breakfast or a quick snack later in the day. Let’s get on with the recipe!
- 1/2 lb pork chorizo
- 12 eggs
- 6 oz of broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup hash browns (I used Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns)
- 2 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray muffin tin and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook chorizo in a skillet until done and let cool
- Divide cooled chorizo, broccoli florets and hash browns among 12 muffin cups
- Combine eggs, almond milk and seasoning in a mixing bowl
- Fill muffin tins with the egg mixture about 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 min or until eggs have set
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8||12.3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4||1.3%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Beauty and the Bench Press