I often talk about meal prep and how it has helped me so much in making healthy choices throughout my busy work week. Figuring out a meal prep plan that works for me has been a key element to my success with weight loss. Definitely a healthy tip I recommend!
These meal prep burrito bowls are a quick and easy option that I make whenever I don’t feel like putting too much thought and effort into prep. Which is actually more often than not to be honest. The cool thing about meal prep burrito bowls, is that I can customize literally every single ingredient in them. The recipe I’m sharing today is the one I typically use most often but I do switch things up from time to time. You can really do whatever you like according to your preferences and dietary needs.
Here is how I generally format my burrito bowls:
- Ground turkey
- Lean ground beef
- Shredded Chicken
- Chorizo or Soyrizo
- Brown Rice
- Cauliflower rice
- Brown rice and cauliflower rice mix
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Greek yogurt “sour cream”
- Olives (personal fave!)
And really, there are so many more options than what’s listed here but this is just what I typically use. I love using these Sistema To Go containers for burrito bowls or salads because I can put the main ingredients that I will be reheating on the bottom and anything I want to stay fresh and cold on top. Plus there’s a nice little container for salsa or greek yogurt which comes in super handy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- green onion, cilantro & lime wedges for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a pan with a little oil spray and set on medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and onion and sautée until fragrant (about 2 min)
- Add ground beef to pan and cook until no longer brown, breaking the meat into crumbles
- Add seasonings and cook for about one more minute and set aside
- Heat frozen cauliflower rice in a microwave safe bowl for about 5 min. Once cooled, squeeze out as much moisture as possible with a cheesecloth or with paper towels like I do 🙂
- While cauliflower is heating, chop tomatoes, green onion, limes and cilantro
- Begin layering your bowls into 4 dishes
- Place cauliflower rice on the bottom, top with ground beef, then tomato, olives, red onion, and garnishes. ( I save the avocado for the morning of to keep it fresh)
- Add any other topping your little heart desires!
If I missed your favorite meal prep burrito bowl ingredient, lemme know so I can add some more options into my burrito bowl repertoire!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend.
Thank you for your continued support!