I’m obsessed with breakfast foods. I love eggs, potatoes and sausages in all their forms so even though this is technically called an “Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast”, I would totally eat this for any meal. Just sayin’.
I am so into this recipe because besides being delicious, it was so simple. Time is something most of us are short on. Especially in the mornings so any breakfast recipe that saves me some time, whether it’s breakfast muffins, overnight oats, or breakfast frittatas and casseroles, I’m all in. I just recently became introduced to the world of sheet pan and one pan meals and I’m never cooking with more than one pan again. Ok that’s a lie. But I’m definitely going to be incorporating more of these super easy no fuss recipes into my repertoire. Especially because clean up (my least favorite part of cooking) was ridiculously easy. I wiped down the cutting board and threw away the parchment paper when I was done. I can definitely get behind that level of maintenance on a regular basis.
I made this recipe into 6 servings but depending on your appetite, this can probably be closer to 4 servings. I was fine with the serving size but the hubby said he easily could have eaten two. So adjust the amount of eggs based on the amount of servings you plan to make. Really the whole thing is pretty easy to customize. Use your favorite sausage, use bacon or leave out meat altogether. I used sweet potato in this recipe but regular russet potatoes or red potatoes would be delicious as well.
I immediately placed the dish into 6 containers for meal prep for the week and it tasted just fine reheated in the microwave for the next couple days. My brain is now buzzing with all the different combinations of sheet pan deliciousness I can make. Oh the possibilities!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed
- 4 chorizo sausage links cut into slices (I use Aidell's)
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbs avocado oil (I use chosen foods )
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- dash of Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with a little avocado oil
- Add cubed potatoes to a mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbs avocado oil. Add salt, pepper, chopped dill. Toss to coat
- Place potatoes on sheet pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until they are just starting to crisp
- While potatoes are roasting, cut sausages into even slices
- Create 4-6 small wells and break an egg carefully into each one, keeping the yolk intact
- Add sausage to sheet pan as well and continue to bake an additional 10-12 minutes until egg whites are set
- Garnish with seasoning and more dill as desired
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend.
Thank you for your continued support!