Hi friends! I’m back with another meal prep option: Greek meal prep bowls! I went to Mykonos and Santorini in September 2017 and the food was amazing! I’ve been a little obsessed with anything Greek related since. Everything is just so light and refreshing and full of flavor. I’ve always loved Greek food but getting it from the local Greek takeout place in San Diego is just not the same. I’ve been plotting my trip back there ever since I got on the plane to head back home. There’s just so much to do and see and experience and it was such an amazing bucket list trip for me. Ok, now I’m rambling.
One of the things I HAD to have every place we went to was the Greek salad. The weird thing is I don’t even like onions or bell peppers very much but the mix of flavors with the drizzle of olive oil and the saltiness of the kalamata olives….oh man I’m gonna start drooling on my keyboard. I suggest chopping up all the fresh ingredients and drizzling with olive oil and oregano and just let it sit while you get the chicken and cauliflower rice ready. This helps the flavors really meld together.
For meal prep, I plated everything in the same bowl and just kept the fresh veggies on one side. When it was time to eat I simply placed the cold veggies to the side, microwaved the rest and then mixed it all together. These Greek meal prep bowls would also work well in the Sistema containers I use for my meal prep burrito bowls. Fresh ingredients on top and the rest on the bottom. Mine were being used at the time so I improvised with my containers and it worked out just fine.
You could add potato to this instead of cauliflower rice or throw in some actual rice if you’re not doing a Whole30. The other obvious thing missing here is a giant block of feta. If you’re not doing a Whole30 round feel free to throw some of that on there. Although I gotta say, with all the other flavor going on in these bowls, I didn’t miss the feta much. Just sayin’.
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into cubes
- 3 cups rices cauliflower
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 a red onion sliced
- 12 kalamata olives (or more if you're obsessed like me!)
- 1 Tbs avocado oil
- 1-2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs oregano (divided)
- 1 Tbs dill
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tahini for garnish (I used Trader Joe's Organic Tahini)
- To prepare, chop all your veggies and add them to a large bowl
- Drizzle with olive oil and add oregano, dill, salt & pepper and set aside
- Prepare riced cauliflower according to package directions. Add salt and pepper and set aside to cool
- Add avocado oil to a warmed skillet, followed by garlic. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and seasoning to skillet cooking until chicken is fully done (about 5-7 minutes).
- To serve, place cauliflower rice at the bottom of your dish and top with chicken and veggies. Drizzle with tahini if desired
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend. Thank you for your continued support!