It’s no secret I am a huge fan of sheet pan meals. They just make my life so much easier. Whether I am using a sheet pan recipe for meal prep or for dinner on a busy week night, they never disappoint. You throw a bunch of tasty things on a sheet pan and stick it in the oven and deliciousness pops out in 20-30 minutes. What’s not to love?! This sausage & brussel sprouts sheet pan meal is ridiculously easy to make and super customizable.
Check out these easy and healthy sheet pan recipes:
This sheet pan recipe can be done with a different veggie or your favorite type of sausage. I know I’ve talked about this here before, but since doing my first Whole30 in January, I have been attempting to create more recipes that can be made Whole30 compliant. But if Whole30 ain’t yo thang, feel free to sub as you see fit. Finding compliant sausage without added sugar can be difficult but luckily Trader Joe’s and Costco have several options (check out this awesome post from my buddy Bailey for more Whole30 Trader Joe’s finds and this post for Costco finds! ) I used their garlic and herb chicken sausage in this recipe since I have a Trader Joe’s readily available to me. If you don’t, Pederson’s Farms (available at Sprouts) and Teton Waters Ranch (available at Costco) carries a Whole3o compliant kielbasa that works just as well. Besides Trader Joe’s and Costco, there are some great Whole30 options at Sprouts!
Roasting is one of my favorite ways to prepare Brussel sprouts (besides whipping them up in the air fryer). They come out slightly crispy but soft on the inside which is exactly the texture I am going for. In this recipe I start with the brussel sprouts since they take a bit longer to roast and the chicken sausage is technically already cooked and just needs to be warmed up. If you prefer a crispier veggie, you can alter your cooking time to your preferences.
A couple other ways to make this easier is to skip the ghee and simply spray the veggies with an avocado oil. I prefer roasting them in ghee because it gives the vegetables a nice buttery flavor but if you are in a rush (or feelin’ kinda lazy like I am most days) you can quickly spray the vegetables and be on your way. This meal can totally be served on it’s own to keep it simple and low carb, which is what I was going for. If you want to beef it up a bit you can serve it with some roasted potatoes or over a bed of rice if you’re not on a Whole30 round!
- 1 16 oz package brussel sprouts
- 1 package compliant chicken sausage or Kielbasa (I used Trader Joe's Garlic & Herb)
- 1-2 Tbs ghee melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- While oven is preheating, cut brussel sprouts in half and add to a medium mixing bowl
- Melt ghee in a small microwave safe dish and pour over brussel sprouts
- Add seasonings and salt and pepper to brussel sprouts and toss to coat
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast for 20-25 minutes (my sweet spot was 23 minutes)
- While the brussel sprouts are roasting, cut sausage into bit sized slices
- When brussel sprouts are done, add sausage to sheet pan and roast for an additional 10-15 minutes until brussel sprouts have reach desired consistency
- Scoop onto a plate and serve!